I have been a blogging machine lately but I haven’t shared some of my favorites in a little bit (or ever, on this domain).
Unsurprisingly to everyone, I originally almost made this entirely about food. That wasn’t my intention, so I tried to add a few non-food things that I’m loving.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful.
things I’m loving right now
1. Headspace | I downloaded Headspace back in March when I was feeling particularly stressed about my life, and I listened to a total of one single before moving on and forgetting about it. I also didn’t love how much Headspace cost, so I didn’t
But Headspace emailed me about a month ago and offered me six months for $20. It was a great deal, first of all, and it encouraged me to take the plunge and start exploring meditation. I’ve never slept so well in my life!
I haven’t explored any packs or singles other than the falling asleep meditations, but they are totally worth it.
2. Sherpa pullovers | Considering it’s September in North Carolina, I can’t really appreciate these pullovers yet. But it got very cold in the apartment over the weekend and I finally got to pull them out!
I am all about this white pullover and this more natural pullover. The first one is from Abercrombie & Fitch, if you can believe that. It is delightful and lined inside so it’s not too hot. The second is just fabulous and you can get it for a good price right now if you’re a medium.
3. Canada Dry’s Ginger Ale and Lemonade | This is the best. THE. BEST. No question.
4. Epic Bars | The best place to get these is on Thrive Market. These are really bizarre, but they are excellent protein bars. If you like Slim Jims, then you will love these.
5. The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker | If you loved Circe or The Song of Achilles, you will really enjoy The Silence of the Girls, which is the story of Briseis, one of the women captured by the Greeks when they invaded Troy.
It is dark and haunting but so good. I am glad I got this as my Book of the Month!